AgTechFeeding 8 Billion people with better traceability & loss reduction in agriculture
A $5 Trillion Industry losing 30% along the way
The world population expects to reach 9.7 billion in the next decades. Demand for food is growing while the supply chain faces limitations regarding land and farming.
In less than ten years, water scarcity will increase by 40%, energy prices will continue their rising tendency, increasing requirements for more ethical and sustainable practices will continue, and labor among other factors shall represent bigger challenges to reach profit margins.
This industry has accomplished important steps, focusing on mechanical tools and genetics. What Agro-Industry requires is more sophisticated digital solutions, as an answer to the 70% increase in available calories for consumption for the racing population.
Benefits from these new technologies are:
- Data-driven decision making
- Variability management
- Yields optimization
- Fair labor and improved economics
A $620 Billion Opportunity for IIoT
The McKinsey Center for Advanced Connectivity and the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) presents that the use of more and smoother connections between soil, farm equipment, and farm managers could unlock $130 billion to $175 billion in value by 2030.
Chips and sensors improve the shelf life. Computer vision and sensors attached to equipment and connected to predictive cloud systems will achieve $40 billion to $60 billion in cost savings by 2030. By reducing costs and improving yields drones could generate between $85 billion and $115 billion in value. Increasing the autonomy of machinery through better connectivity could create $50 billion to $60 billion of additional value by 2030.
- Monitor and measure levels of silos and warehouses could trigger automated reordering, reducing inventory costs
- Reduce post-harvest losses by monitoring and automatically optimizing storage conditions
- Maintenance systems could decrease repair costs and extend machinery and equipment life
Benefits with Asynos
Holistic Agricultural Management System solution to step into the sensor-enabled benefits of "Internet-of-Things" in production, harvesting, and distribution with highest cost efficiency in hardware and software with a turn-key solution for farmers and Agtech corporations. Our B2B-service focuses on 24/7 control with our solution stack of sensors and software to realize cost savings:
- Product origin and fair labor visibility
- Distribution level sensors from farm to processing/distribution
- Machinery smart inventories and maintenance cost reduction
- Crop monitoring and traceability
- Tracking of crops down to the field
Harvesting & Logistics
Distributor & Warehousing
Retail & End Consumer